LX 470 CD Player is Stuck

Tech discussions for the 100-series Land Cruiser, including the Lexus 470 models. Discuss suspension, snorkels, engines and all the other tech that makes a Land Cruiser. Ask questions / give answers.

New User
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:25 am
Just purchased my LX 470. It is a 1999 and has the Nakamichi sound system (no nav) with the CD changer in the dash. Player accepted CD and played just fine, but does not want to give it back. I cannot load another CD as the green light does not come on. The unit flashed red and ERROR and that's it - I dont hear it struggling to spit out the CD. What are my options? If I have to toss out the unit what should I replace it with - I dont need a CD changer, but would like to attach my phone/ipod.
Site Admin
Vehicle:
2000 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
HAM Call Sign:
WE4RED
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 pm
Are you using the load or the eject button? Obviously eject is the correct button - radio button 1 or 2 (above eject) choses which CD to eject.

New User
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:29 am
Thx for the response RobRed. I was able to get the CD out by banging on the dash - unbelievable !! I reinserted the CD and it simply gets stuck again - but banging gets it out. I'm simply not going to use the CD player - will purchase one of those cassette adapters to listen to my iPhone. The stereo is a nakamichi and sounds great.
Site Admin
Vehicle:
2000 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
HAM Call Sign:
WE4RED
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:31 am
Glad you figured out the ejection scheme :-)

If you are happy with the sound thats fine. If not you can replace the entire system with something that sounds a lot better. Head unit, amp and speakers could be done for 1400-2000.

I removed my factory system off the bat and installed head unit, 5 channel amp and speakers. Mega improvement in sound though my factory system wasn't what you have but my end result was def better than the Nak. Ultimately ditched my Pioneer head unit for an Apple iPad.

Return to 100 Series General Tech