Extended Sway Bar Links on Lifted 100 [PICS]

Tech discussions for the 100-series Land Cruiser, including the Lexus 470 models. Discuss suspension, snorkels, engines and all the other tech that makes a Land Cruiser. Ask questions / give answers.

Forum Regular

Vehicle:
HAM Call Sign:
K6KCE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm
The brake lines are + 4 inches from Jonesy's off road. I would not buy them again.
They advertised direct replacement of OEM. Not so, and I just looked on their site and they have changed their wording but still misleading as they state no adapters used. NOT TRUE for the rear lines on each wheel.
I ended up not using those and using new Toyota stock lines as they do not have to move with the suspension. The only direct replacement line was from the rear axle to the upper frame.

For the fronts I had to buy two new OEM frame brackets and customize them by welding two new pieces of metal with the proper hole sizes through them so the brake line would be secured to the bracket properly. Anything but a direct replacement. I still have the rear lines as they would not take them back.

Since I put these on I have seen on Slee's site brake lines, not sure if they are extended or not but if they are I would ask them about fitment and buy from them.

Have a great time in DV we love that place. If you go through Saline Valley you will give your suspension a work out. Be sure to check for any loose nuts on your cruiser.If you don't have any before you go you WILL have some after your trip.

Ken
Site Admin
Vehicle:
2000 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
HAM Call Sign:
WE4RED
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:58 pm
Thanks for the review of the lines.

I'll talk to slee or MT and see what's what.

Update us on what the feel and ride changes are that you noticed.
Site Admin
Vehicle:
HAM Call Sign:
WE4RED
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 pm
3 years later and the extended links are still working well.

New User

Vehicle:
1998 100 Series Cruiser
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:33 pm
@RobRed Thanks for posting this, I am not sure why there aren't any companies out there making fronts but I am happy I found this! Guess I will head to a fab shop.
Site Admin
Vehicle:
HAM Call Sign:
WE4RED
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 am
A-Tronic wrote:@RobRed Thanks for posting this, I am not sure why there aren't any companies out there making fronts but I am happy I found this! Guess I will head to a fab shop.

You're welcome. Its an easy fab.

I'm currently running 22.5" hub center to fender lift and all is good.
Previous

Return to 100 Series General Tech